Decorative Header Image


Q: Do you have insurance?

A: Definitely. All works over $16,000 in value require insurance, which is why it is important to use a licensed builder.

Q: Why is it important for your builder or tradesman to have a license?

A: Any works over $10,000 in value or structural works require a permit which can only be executed if the primary contractor is licensed. Any works over $16,000 in value not only require a permit, but also home warranty insurance – hence why it is very important that your builder or tradesman is licensed.

Q: Do I need to leave while the works are being completed?

A: No. Whether you want to stay home or leave, the team at GHR Builders will work with you.

Q: Can you only service large jobs?

A: Not necessarily. We cater from all forms of carpentry through to unit developments. Either way, don’t hesitate to contact us. If we cannot attend to your required need, we will be sure to recommend someone to assist you through our large network acquired through our years of experience in the industry.

Q: What is carpentry?

A: Carpentry involves having the specialised understanding and techniques of how to work with wood. A carpenter is one of the most utilised trades in the building industry as their skill set is needed at almost all stages of building and construction.

Q: What is a builder?

A: A builder is a person or entity that organises and manages the construction or renovation of a building, providing resources and tradesman to complete the project.

Q: What is renovating?

A: Renovating is the works involved to restore to good condition, make new or revive as if it were new again.

Q: Why are Building Permits required?

A: Building Permits are required to verify the registration and insurance of a building practitioner, to regulate all documentation, ensure all stages of works have been met in the Building Legislation, and to ensure compliance with the Building Code of Australia, The Building Act 1993 and the Building Regulations 2018.

Q: What do I need to provide to get a quote?

A: Some documents to provide are:

  • House plans

  • Engineering

  • Soil report

  • Specifications

  • Energy report 

If you do not have this documentation, the team at GHR Builders can assist or guide you in obtaining these.

Heavily focused on providing a highest level of customer service, to understand your building and renovation dreams

Stalled Build Specialists

Need immediate assistance with your build on hold? We can help!

Download our Free Incomplete Build Guide!

Javascript is required for form submission.

Your enquiry has been received. We will be in touch shortly.